
Escape to Paradise: Puluong Luna Resort, Vietnam's Hidden Gem
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into Puluong Luna Resort, Vietnam's Hidden Gem – according to, you know, everyone. This is gonna be less "polished hotel review" and more "drunken travel journal, but sober." Let's get this straight: I'm not a travel agent (thank god, I'd be terrible), but I am a person who has spent a frankly embarrassing amount of time researching the perfect getaway. And Puluong Luna… it’s got potential, big time.
Accessibility - The Good, The Maybe, and "Uh Oh"
Right off the bat, let's talk accessibility. This is crucial. Now, Puluong Luna claims to have "Facilities for disabled guests." That's a vague promise, like "I'll call you back." I dug a bit deeper. No specific details are provided online, so call ahead. If you're a wheelchair user, this is a MUST. You're dealing with mountainous terrain. Elevators are mentioned, but are they everywhere? How are paths graded? Do your homework and ASK. Don't leave it to chance.
On-Site Grub & Grog (and the all-important Wi-Fi)
Forget everything you think you know about resort food. (Unless you think "mystery meat mountain" is a culinary delight.) Puluong Luna sounds…promising. Multiple restaurants sound awesome. We're talking Asian and International Cuisine options, a Vegetarian Restaurant (bless!), and a Poolside Bar. My biggest fear is always bland, boring food. A Breakfast Buffet is a good start for that I need all the carbs feeling, but a Breakfast [buffet] is a double-edged sword, because you can have a hearty starting, and it is a buffet! A la carte in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, and Coffee shop - a triple threat to get you going. And desserts in restaurant?! I'm in! Snack bar and Bottle of water sound essential for a quick getaway. I'm a glutton for punishment, and Happy hour can be a welcome break. Good news!
- Internet, Internet [LAN], Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Wi-Fi in public areas, Wi-Fi for special events: Honestly, in this day and age, it should be a requirement, not a perk. I am glad that this is covered and my "work-life balance" will be there.
Things To Do & Ways To Chill (aka, My Kind of Therapy)
Okay, this is where Puluong Luna really starts to sing. Just the thought of escaping to the mountains.
- Spa, Spa/sauna, Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Sauna, Steamroom: Bring on the pampering. I am all in. As I mentioned before, the amount of work stress I experience requires this. I did not see any mention of a hot stone massage, but then again the resort may provide this.
- Pool with view, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: That glorious infinity pool overlooking the rice terraces? Yeah, I'm practically drooling. Pure bliss. Imagining myself just floating, margarita in hand, staring at that view… sigh.
- Gym/fitness, Fitness center: Okay, I'm a little less enthusiastic about this, but hey, maybe I’ll actually use it and not just throw my workout clothes in a corner.
Cleanliness, Safety, & Those Annoying Covid-19 Considerations
Let’s be real, the whole Covid situation has created a new level of anxiety for travel. Puluong Luna seems to be trying with:
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol: Good on them for trying. I would investigate it on a case by case.
More specifically, things like "Rooms sanitized between stays" and "Staff trained in safety protocol" are absolutely the bare minimum. I want EVIDENCE.
Food, Glorious Food (and the Alcohol Fueling Said Gloriousness)
This one gets a little messy because a resort is a buffet of options that can be great or not.
- Dining, drinking, and snacking. I need to know details! A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, **Breakfast [buffet], *Breakfast service*, *Buffet in restaurant*, *Coffee/tea in restaurant*, *Coffee shop*, *Desserts in restaurant*, *Happy hour*, *International cuisine in restaurant*, *Poolside bar*, *Restaurants*, *Room service [24-hour]*, *Salad in restaurant*, *Snack bar*, *Soup in restaurant*, *Vegetarian restaurant*, *Western breakfast*, *Western cuisine in restaurant**
I am hoping the food at least, is amazing. I need to see some pictures, y'all.
Services & Conveniences – The Stuff That Makes Life Easier (or More Glamorous)
- Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center
I appreciate the conveniences, but the "convenience store" had better stock some good chocolate.
For the Kids (or, How to Survive a Family Vacation Without Losing Your Mind)
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: I don't have kids, but good on them to offer childcare, as traveling with kids can make anyone lose their mind.
The Nitty Gritty: Rooms & Amenities – What’s Actually Inside?
- Available in all rooms, Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens:
Air conditioning, a nice bed, and a private bathroom with a separate shower is a must!
Getting Around
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: You won't be driving around a lot in between the resort. It would be wise to seek the airport transfer. Free parking is always a nice gesture too.
Safety & Security – Because Peace of Mind is Priceless
Important to emphasize:
- Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailablePets allowed, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms
24-hour security, are essential for peace of mind.
My Crazy, Over-Analyzed Verdict?
Puluong Luna Resort sounds incredible. It's got that "hidden gem" vibe, the promise of relaxation in spades, and a location that screams "escape." The food situation seems promising. But here's the thing: I've learned that a great hotel is about more than just pretty pictures. It's about the details. It is about the actual, lived experience. Make sure you have the right room. I want a room with view!
Here's my brutally honest advice: Do your research. Call the hotel. Ask about EVERYTHING. Don't be afraid to be that guest who sends a million emails. You're investing in a vacation, not just a place to crash.
THE OFFER – Let's Escape to Paradise!
Alright, I’m gonna put on my imaginary marketing hat and make this REAL.
Headline: **Escape the Ordinary: Discover Serenity at Pulu
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Discover Villa Phuc Yen, Vietnam!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is Puluong Luna Resort, Vietnam… according to me, and let's just say, I'm not always the most reliable narrator. Grab a snack, you'll need it.
Puluong Luna Resort: A Rambling, Slightly Delusional Adventure (aka My Itinerary)
Day 1: Arrival & "Oh My God, Look at This!"
- Morning (Or, Let's Be Honest, Late Morning): So, we arrive. Flights. Luggage. The usual soul-crushing ballet of airport chaos. Finally drag myself out of the Hanoi airport, feeling about as glamorous as a wet sock. The drive to Puluong? Long. Scenic. And a bit… nausea-inducing on those winding mountain roads. Note to self: Dramamine. Stock up.
- Afternoon: HOLY. MOLY. Land in the resort, and my jaw literally dropped. Pictures do NOT do this place justice. Lush green rice terraces cascading down the hillsides, little stilt houses perched precariously… it's like a Bob Ross painting come to life. I actually did a little happy dance in the reception area, much to the amusement/horror of the staff. My room? Honestly, it's insane. Bamboo, views, mosquito net billowing like a pirate ship's sail.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Lunch. Food is GREAT, but I have to be honest, I'm a little worried. My stomach is not the ironclad champion of spicy food. The first plate? Incredible. The second? My face started to sweat. The third? Let's just say, I spent the next hour cautiously sipping water.
- Evening: Settled into my amazing room. The balcony! The view! The… surprisingly strong WiFi (bless you, tiny internet gods). Dinner at the resort restaurant. Starlight, crickets, the distant murmur of conversation… It's magic. Seriously. Until a rogue mosquito decided I was its personal buffet. Revenge shall be mine. I have a mosquito net. And a spray bottle full of death.
Day 2: Hiking, Hangovers & Heartbreak (Maybe)
- Morning: Wake up. Glorious. Feeling a bit delicate after those spicy bites, but ready to go! Supposed to be easy hike through the rice terraces. "Easy" is relative, people. Picture me, sweating profusely, clinging to a slightly muddy hillside like a limpet. The views, however, are absolutely worth the effort. The locals? They're like mountain goats. Effortlessly hopping along the paths while I'm gasping for air. Humbling experience.
- Mid-Morning: The waterfall. Oh, the waterfall. Crystal clear, icy cold. Dipping in? Pure bliss. I wanted it to be more dramatic, so I let myself fall. Totally worth it.
- Afternoon: Lunch. More food. Delicious food. I will say, though, it’s the first time I have actually been scared of food (I'm looking at the dried squid. The dried squid is looking at me). Did a bit of wandering, met some local children, and did a good deal of hand gestures. It was wonderful.
- Late Afternoon: Okay, here's where things get… interesting. Spa time! Massage. Bliss. Total, utter, "I don't want to go back to civilization" bliss. Then. Thennnn…. the realization that I left my camera charger in my room. Three hours earlier. And it's now locked. I go through a range of emotions, ranging from mild annoyance to full-blown panic.
- Evening: Dinner, sunset, the familiar sounds of the resort… Everything's perfect until I have a minor panic attack. What if I don’t have the pictures of all of this? I'm reminded of my favorite quote from The Princess Bride: "Life isn't fair, it's just fairer than death, that's all."
Day 3: Cooking, Culture, and the Curse of Laundry
- Morning: Cooking class! This was the highlight of my trip! We made spring rolls. We made pho. We accidentally set a leaf on fire. It was glorious, messy deliciousness. The chef, bless his heart, just kept shaking his head and laughing. I probably look like a total disaster, but I'm having the best time.
- Mid-Morning: Exploring the nearby village. A real peek into local life – the way of life, the simplicity, seeing the true beauty. It's a stark contrast to my regular, chaotic life. It hits hard!
- Afternoon: Laundry service. I'm pretty sure my clothes have been to more places than I have (mostly the bottom of a backpack, sadly), so they're in desperate need of a wash. I'm also acutely aware of the fact that I'm going to miss this view like crazy.
- Evening: The last supper! (Dramatic phrasing engaged). Final dinner at the resort. Reflecting on the amazing experiences and the minor hiccups. Planning the future and reminiscing the past. What an amazing life.
Day 4: Farewell, Puluong (Sob! And a Prayer for the Charger)
- Morning: The excruciating process of packing. Where in the world did I leave my passport? (Found it, thank heavens!) A last walk around the resort. One last deep breath of that mountain air. One last “I’ll be back!” to the incredulous staff.
- Mid-Morning: The drive back to Hanoi. Sigh. More winding roads. More Dramamine. The memories are flashing before my eyes, all of them: the food, the hiking, the people. Pure joy!
- Afternoon: Finally, I'll get the camera charger back. And plan my return trip.
- Evening: Hanoi. The start of another adventure.
Post-Trip Reflections (aka, the Ramble Continues)
Okay, so, Puluong Luna Resort. It's… transformative. It really is. I went expecting a pretty place, and I got something more. I got a kick in the pants. I got food hangovers. I got a whole lot of peace.
Would I recommend it? Absolutely. But be warned: pack your Dramamine, be prepared to sweat, and maybe, just maybe, double-check where you put your camera charger. You've been warned. (And oh yeah, bring your passport!)
Uncover Tengchong's Hidden Gem: Rezen Select Hotel Review!

