Curitiba Palace Hotel: Your Luxurious Brazilian Escape Awaits!

Curitiba Palace Hotel Curitiba Brazil

Curitiba Palace Hotel Curitiba Brazil

Curitiba Palace Hotel: Your Luxurious Brazilian Escape Awaits!

Curitiba Palace Hotel: "Your Luxurious Brazilian Escape Awaits!" - My Honest Take (Brace Yourselves)

Okay, buckle up, because I just spent a week at the Curitiba Palace Hotel, and honestly? It's a rollercoaster. They call it a "Luxurious Brazilian Escape," and… well, they're not entirely wrong. But let's get real, shall we? Forget the flowery brochure copy. This is the real deal, the stuff you don’t find in sponsored posts.

First Impressions: Chic, but a Little… Underwhelming?

The lobby? Stunning. Marble floors, soaring ceilings, the whole shebang. You walk in, and you're like, "Whoa, fancy." But then you notice the slightly dated furniture, the faint smell of…something (maybe expensive air freshener trying too hard). The front desk staff? Super polite, bless them, but checking in took longer than expected. Apparently, I'd booked a room with a "view of the city," which translates to "a sliver of something, if you squint." Still, elevator access was smooth. A big plus for any of us who enjoy not climbing stairs.

(Accessibility & Safety: The Good, the Could-Be-Better)

Let's talk accessibility. The hotel does have facilities for disabled guests – a lifesaver. Elevators are readily available and, blessedly, reliable. They've got ramps and accessible routes. The public areas have been pretty well thought out. But I did notice a smaller access challenge or two. They could, in my opinion, improve the accessibility in dining areas just a bit more. They really want you to feel safe, though: CCTV cameras are everywhere (inside and out!), fire extinguishers, smoke alarms galore. The staff definitely have safety training down. Seeing all the sanitizing in the last year, I can appreciate their efforts.

Rooms: Comfortable, but… Did I Mention the View?

My room? Okay. Clean. The essential condiments were there (coffee machine, minibar, yay!), the air conditioning (thank god) worked perfectly, and the bed was incredibly comfy. They even had a scale, which, honestly, sent shivers down my spine – but hey, I got to know what I am up to. The black-out curtains? A godsend. I'm talking serious sleep. But again, about that "view…" Let's just say I spent a lot of time looking at the…well, looking at nothing.

(Bathroom Bonanza & Other Amenities)

The bathroom? Good size with plenty of space. Plenty of space is good. You know what's not good? The bathtub. It was, let's say, questionable. The lighting was harsh. And the phone? Oh, honey. Did anyone ever call from those? The bathrobes were, as expected, plush, and the toiletries were decent. Now, the Wi-Fi. They boast “Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!” – and that's true. But, and this is a big but, sometimes it's as reliable as a politician's promises. There's also internet access via LAN for those who like a wired connection. Bonus points for the laptop workspace. Although… I did find myself working on my lap sometimes, because, well… comfort.

Food, Glorious Food… Mostly! (And an Unexpected Poolside Incident)

Let's get to the heart of the matter: the food. Breakfast was a buffet, a proper, glorious buffet. Imagine a tsunami of pastries, fruits, and every kind of egg you could dream of. Western breakfast, check! Asian breakfast options sprinkled in there, too. Coffee? Flows like a Brazilian river. Absolutely amazing. And if you’re like me, you’ll love the coffee shop and the restaurant, too. The other restaurants have a good variety of choices. The International cuisine was top-notch, and the Western cuisine was fantastic. The staff was especially good about accommodating dietary preferences - even with the usual language barrier, they tried very hard to get all the requests right!

Now, the pool. The pool with a view. Oh, the view. It was stunning! (When it wasn’t obscured by other buildings). But here's the anecdote I mentioned. One afternoon, I was floating in the pool, basking in the sun, and suddenly… BAM! A rogue inflatable unicorn (yes, really) slammed into me. Apparently, a small child had unleashed it. It was chaotic, hilarious, and entirely memorable.

(Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): A Mixed Bag)

Okay, so the hotel has a fitness center. I went once. It's adequate. The real draw, for me, was the spa. The sauna was divine. The steam room? Perfection. The massage? Heaven. And the pool? Beautiful, and the views are not bad.

They are going pretty hard in this department, and there are good options for ways to relax!

(Services & Conveniences: Plenty, But…)

They have everything you could need. Daily housekeeping, laundry service, even dry cleaning! The staff is generally helpful and wants to help, but there are a few kinks. The doorman was a lifesaver with taxis, but sometimes getting a straight answer about…well, anything…was a challenge. They had business facilities (meeting rooms, a business center with printing, etc.) for special events. And the car park? Free! (A major win in this city.) They boast a concierge. However, the concierge seemed… overwhelmed. They also have a gift shop (souvenir overload!) and a convenience store.

(Cleanliness & Safety: Seriously Impressive)

Okay, on the safety front, Curitiba Palace Hotel does a phenomenal job. They went above and beyond with cleanliness protocols. I mean, serious sanitization efforts! Anti-viral cleaning products everywhere, daily disinfection in common areas, they're actually trained in safety protocol. The dining set-up was safe. The staff wears masks, and hand sanitizer is readily available. This is reassuring.

(For the Kids (and the Grown-Ups Who Don’t Want Them Around All the Time))

They have a babysitting service. So, like, if you want a romantic getaway (or just a few hours of peace), this could be a good option.

(Getting Around: The Practicalities)

Airport transfer? Available. Car park? Available and free! Otherwise, you can easily grab a taxi.

The Bottom Line: Is This Your Luxurious Brazilian Escape? Maybe.

Look, the Curitiba Palace Hotel is good. It has a lot going for it. It's clean, the staff tries hard, the food is mostly delicious, and the spa is dreamy. But some of the details - the views, the occasional Wi-Fi hiccup, and the sometimes-clunky service - prevent it from being truly "luxurious."

But Would I Recommend It? Yes, I would. Especially if you are wanting to get out, unwind, and don't mind a few quirks, it is a good choice.

(So, Here's My Honest Offer to You: Book Now and Get…)

  • BONUS! A free bottle of Brazilian wine upon arrival (Because you'll need it after reading this review).
  • A guaranteed room upgrade (based on availability) to a room with a slightly better view (fingers crossed).
  • Complimentary express check-in/out (to save you some time).
  • 10% off any spa treatment (because you deserve it).

Why Book Now? Because frankly, it's a solid choice, and you deserve a break. Just remember to take my review with a grain of salt… and maybe pack an inflatable flamingo. You never know.

Click here to book your escape and get ready for the adventure!

Uncover Siem Reap's Hidden Gem: Secret Garden Homestay!

Book Now

Curitiba Palace Hotel Curitiba Brazil

Curitiba Palace Hotel Curitiba Brazil

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is the Curitiba Palace Hotel, Brazil, according to ME. And let's be honest, my "planning" is usually more like a controlled explosion. Here we go…

CURITIBA PALACE HOTEL: A Week of Chaos (and Hopefully, Caipirinhas!)

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Luggage Tango

  • 14:00: Arrive at Afonso Pena International Airport (CWB). Okay, so far, so good. The pre-trip anxiety fueled me, and I even (miraculously) remembered to pack deodorant this time. The airport is… well, it's an airport. Expect a few moments of utter disorientation while searching for baggage claim B.

  • 15:00: Luggage roulette. My suitcase, the beast. It's a hulking, overstuffed menace that's been around the world more times than I have. After the initial chaos, it takes its sweet time to appear on the carousel. I swear, I saw a guy from my flight from New York get HIS bag, eat a sandwich, and then mine finally rolled out. Classic.

  • 16:00: Transfer to the Curitiba Palace Hotel. Found my pre-booked taxi. Phew! Getting to the hotel, I can already tell I'm going to love the city. I can't help but notice the architecture on the way. It's not like the usual "look, a building!" reaction. Okay, I'm liking this a lot.

  • 17:00: Check-in. The lobby is gorgeous, a little bit of old-world charm mixed with modern lines that instantly makes me feel fancy. The receptionist is super friendly, and I'm immediately charmed by their Portuguese accents.

  • 18:00: The Room… Ah, the room. It's… fine. Clean, spacious enough, a decent view. I'm a sucker for a comfy bed, and this one looks promising. More importantly, the minibar… is filled. I'm already plotting the evening. I had to adjust the AC unit, though. Sigh.

  • 19:00: Unpacking (or, let's be honest, flinging clothes into the general vicinity of the closet). This is where the "controlled explosion" of my luggage becomes a reality. There will be a "find the clean underwear" scavenger hunt later.

  • 20:00: First Caipirinha mission. Head straight to the hotel bar. This is non-negotiable. Need the taste of Brazil immediately. I'm told the barmen make a killer Caipirinha that's both smooth and strong. This is where I'm hoping to meet some other travellers, start off with the good mood.

  • 21:00: Dinner at the hotel restaurant, maybe? Depends on how many Caipirinhas I've consumed. I'm thinking something Brazilian, with the classic: Feijoada. It has to be, this is the first night.

Day 2: Botanical Gardens, and Existential Dread (in a good way)

  • 09:00: Wake up, slightly fuzzy. Coffee is key. Lots and lots of coffee. Praying the hotel coffee is strong enough to combat the Caipirinhas. I might be hung over.

  • 10:00: Botanical Garden expedition. Seriously, photos of this place are amazing. I will take a taxi to the botanical gardens. I will explore, and try to channel my inner Monet. Don't judge me.

  • 12:00: Lunch, near the Botanical Garden. I'm hoping to find a little cafe or something. Street food is a total gamble, but I'm in Brazil, so I have to at least try it.

  • 14:00: Back to the hotel for a breather, maybe a nap. The humidity is a serious factor, and I'm already sweating like a sinner in church.

  • 16:00: Walk to the city center. I will stroll around, take in the vibe, that sort of thing. I want to absorb the "everything" of Curitiba.

  • 18:00: Dinner. Again, I'm open to suggestion. But I'd love to find a restaurant that the locals visit. I HATE tourist traps!!

  • 20:00: Journaling and introspection. Gotta write down my thoughts, the weirdness that is the travel solo, or whatever else comes to mind.

Day 3: The Bus, the Museums, and the Moment of Truth (the Churrascaria!)

  • 09:30: Okay, I have a plan. I will go on a bus tour around Curitiba. I am a fan of hop-on, hop-off sort of things. I will explore the city that way.

  • 12:00: Lunch near the bus station. There have to be great places. Looking forward to that.

  • 13:30: Museums. I don't know which ones, depends on how I'm feeling. But I will check some out. Art or history, whatever's calling me at the moment.

  • 18:00: The Churrascaria. This is the big one. The meat. All The Meat. The endless parade of grilled goodness. I need a strategy. I need to pace myself. I also need to wear pants with a forgiving waistband. Pray for me. This is going to be EPIC.

  • 21:00: Roll back to the hotel, possibly in a food coma. Wondering if I'll dream of beef.

Day 4: The Embrace Park and The Japanese Square

  • 09:00: Morning in the hotel. I will take it easy. I will try a swimming pool.

  • 10:00: I will try to visit the Embrace Park. I heard the park is amazing. Fresh air is always welcomed.

  • 12:00: Lunch in the park, I am trying to plan a picnic here.

  • 14:00: I will visit the Japanese Square. It is a place of calm.

  • 16:00: Back to hotel, I might go and get a massage. I will take a nice shower and relax.

  • 18:00: I will go and try to have dinner in a restaurant where I can eat a good seafood.

Day 5: Day Trip Disaster (and the Joy of Unexpected Finds)

  • 08:00: Attempt a day trip (maybe Morretes or Antonina). "Attempt" is the operative word. I'm notorious for overestimating my ability to operate public transport in a language I barely understand.
  • 10:00: Realize I'm on the wrong bus. Or train. Or boat. Or whatever. Panic briefly.
  • 11:00: Laugh maniacally as I end up in a completely different town than planned. Find some amazing, completely unplanned, local market.
  • 13:00: Eat something that looks questionable but tastes amazing. Embrace the adventure!
  • 15:00: Figure out how to get back to Curitiba (hopefully).
  • 17:00: Collapse back at the hotel, exhausted but exhilarated.
  • 19:00: Reward myself with a pizza, because pizza always works.

Day 6: Last-Minute Panic and Souvenir Shenanigans

  • 09:00: Realize I haven't bought any souvenirs. Mild panic ensues.
  • 10:00: Scour the shops, desperately trying to find something that doesn't scream "tourist trap."
  • 13:00: Lunch at a cafe. Try to not get the blues of the ending trip.
  • 15:00: Chill time. Packing my bags.
  • 17:00: Try to get a drink in the bar.
  • 19:00: Final dinner in Curitiba. One last hurrah!

Day 7: Departure and the "See You Again" Farewell

  • 07:00: Pack my bags. I will be late.
  • 10:00: Check out of the Curitiba Palace Hotel. Say goodbye (tearfully).
  • 12:00: Arrive at the airport. The journey ends.
  • 14:00: So long, farewell. Until we meet again, Curitiba!

This is my itinerary. It'll probably go sideways. But hey, life's too short for perfect plans. Let the adventures begin!

Riyadh's BEST Suites? Wasn Suites Review & Hidden Gems!

Book Now

Curitiba Palace Hotel Curitiba Brazil

Curitiba Palace Hotel Curitiba BrazilOkay, here we go! Brace yourself... it's gonna be a wild ride through the Curitiba Palace Hotel, or at least, how *I* remember it. And let’s be honest, my memory is a bit like a Brazilian samba – all over the place but hopefully still entertaining.

So, what IS the Curitiba Palace Hotel, REALLY? Like, is it as fancy as it sounds?

Okay, honest moment? "Palace" is a *bit* of a stretch. Don't go expecting Versailles, okay? It's definitely upscale, though. Think well-appointed, classic elegance. The lobby? Marble floors, a grand piano (which, I swear, a slightly tipsy gentleman tried to play "Chopsticks" on one night – bless his heart!), and the general vibe is… relaxed sophistication. Not the kind where you feel like you need to wear a monocle, but definitely not a hostel either. Think somewhere you can have a decent caipirinha without feeling completely out of place.

What’s the food situation like? Because, you know, Brazilian food is EVERYTHING.

Oh, the food! This is where the Curitiba Palace really shines, in my opinion. The breakfast buffet? Forget about it. Seriously. Just go ahead and plan on skipping lunch because you'll be *stuffed*. They have everything! Fresh fruit (oh, the papayas!), pastries that practically melt in your mouth, scrambled eggs cooked to perfection, and *real* Brazilian coffee. And the dinner? The restaurant in the hotel, the "Grill & Grelhados" or something like that, is great. They got a killer picanha and an amazing feijoada on Saturday. But heads up: the service can be a little... *slower* than you might be used to, especially during peak hours. Don't be afraid to flag someone down, you're on vacation and are meant to be relaxed.

Okay, the rooms. Give it to me straight. Comfortable? Modern? What am I getting myself into?

The rooms are... good. Solid. Clean. Comfortable beds, that’s the main thing, right? I swear I once slept for like 12 hours straight after a long travel day, proof that the beds are amazing. They're not necessarily cutting-edge modern, think more classic hotel room. Functional. The bathrooms? Clean, thankfully. Maybe a little dated, but the water pressure is decent, which is a HUGE plus in any hotel, let's be honest. I remember the air conditioning worked like a DREAM which was a godsend in the summer. You’ll find a minibar, but be careful – the prices are, as usual, inflated. Pro tip: stock up on snacks and drinks at a local supermarket.

Is there a pool? I need a pool. For purely research purposes, of course.

Yes! There *is* a pool! And this is one of my favorite things about the hotel. It’s not Olympic-sized or anything, but it's a perfectly pleasant outdoor pool area. It's great for a quick dip to cool off after a day of sightseeing or just lounging with a book. The best part? The pool bar! They serve amazing cocktails (try the caipirinhas – they're essential for a Brazilian experience!), and snacks. Just… be prepared for the occasional overzealous sunbather. But hey, it's Brazil. Embrace the sunshine and the people watching!

The location. Important, right? Is it in a good spot?

The location is pretty solid – not smack-dab in the middle of the party, but close enough to everything. Curitiba is a really lovely city; the hotel is within walking distance of some great restaurants and a few shops. The main concern? Traffic. Curitiba can get a bit gridlocked, especially during rush hour. Cabs and Ubers are plentiful, though, so getting around isn't a huge hassle. I’d say, a solid B+ rating for location. Near enough to the action, far enough to get some peace.

Anything you *didn't* love about the hotel? Come on, nobody's perfect.

Okay, here's the truth: the Wi-Fi wasn't always the strongest. Sometimes, I struggled with the internet connection, I would always have a problem connecting to my work emails. Which can be a problem if you're trying to work remotely but hey, you're on vacation, maybe that's a good thing. Also… noise can be an issue. The walls aren’t exactly soundproof – I had a room next to a family with a VERY enthusiastic toddler. So… bring earplugs, just in case. Oh, and one time, the elevator broke down for a few hours. Not ideal when you're on the sixth floor. But hey, things happen, right?

So, bottom line: Would you recommend the Curitiba Palace Hotel?

Honestly? Yes. Absolutely. It’s a solid choice. Comfortable, convenient, and with a fantastic breakfast. Sure, it has its quirks – every hotel does. But the good outweighs the bad. The staff is friendly, the location is great, and the overall vibe is… relaxed and welcoming. Would I stay there again? Absolutely. In a heartbeat. I’m already dreaming of those papayas and that pool bar. Just… pack earplugs. And maybe a sense of humor. You’ll need it.

Tell me about a truly memorable experience you had there. Go on, the juicy stuff!

Okay, buckle up, because this one's a *doozy*. I was there for Carnaval, right? Now, I'd never been to Carnaval, and I went with… let's just say a *friend*. (You know, one of those friends who makes every situation slightly more… interesting?) Anyway, things got progressively more bonkers. The hotel was PACKED, which meant the already-somewhat-understaffed bar was absolutely swamped. Imagine, if you will, a swarm of tourists, all hopped up on Brazilian spirit and something else… attempting to order caipirinhas. Chaos. Pure, glorious chaos. So, my 'friend,' bless her slightly inebriated heart, decides she *must* learn to make a caipirinha. Right there. Right then. She starts harassing the poor bartender, who, after a while, just cracks and lets her loose. Picture this: me, desperately trying to keep her from using the *wrong* kind of sugar, the bartender looking like he might faint, and a growing crowd of onlookers. Somehow, she *succeeded*. She made a caipirinha! It was… not good. Like, really, really not good. But the entire bar erupted in cheers. People were taking pictures, laughing, even the bartender cracked a smile. And you know what? It was one of the best caipirinhas *experiences* of my life. I'll never forget it. It was a total mess, but it was *ours*. And that, my friends, is the Curitiba Palace Hotel experience in a nutshell: messy, imperfect, and unforgettable.

DoesHotel Adventure

Curitiba Palace Hotel Curitiba Brazil

Curitiba Palace Hotel Curitiba Brazil

Curitiba Palace Hotel Curitiba Brazil

Curitiba Palace Hotel Curitiba Brazil